8.05.2007

plunge

I'm discouraged, as I knew I would be, but it doesn't make it any easier. If I was home right now, I could sit and read a book with Caroline, watch a movie with Bethany, go for a walk&talk with Hilary, go to Emily's, or hang out with Allison, Joy, or Naomi, drink coffee or tea and laugh with all of them; and I would know the next day was my job with a boss and faculty I loved, a position where I felt confident, capable and even frustrated but in a challenging sort of way. I can imagine that unemployment would be terrible for a man.

I'm also assaulted with those questions which always come with moving: different roles are thrust upon me and I feel as if I'm losing who I was in MS. I recognize that I felt the same way when I left TX to go to MS and the irony is not lost on me.

So my challenges are before me: to not move about in restlessness like previously, but to seek the face of God and believe. To look at His face and see there the truest reflection of me, that is, who I was meant to be: Christ in Sarah Jo. Nothing is ever easy, at least, nothing worth doing. Now, truely I can say, is the first moment of missing. Now, is the first real moment of the loss I knew was coming.

Deep breath. Hold onto God. Plunge.

4 comments:

John said...

Hang in there, Sarah Jo! "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upone you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Num 6.24-26)

didlake said...

You're totally awesome. Probably one of the coolest people I've ever known.

Yes, definitely.

Stay alive, Sarah Jo! Enjoy drowning in the ocean of God's unfailing mercy to keep your eyes upon him!

Anonymous said...

I love you! I'm glad you made it safe and only had minor injuries :) I think you're amazing, and you're right, it is ironic that you feel the same coming back as you did going... It's funny how God made us humans. Give me a call if you get a chance!

Randy E. said...

Wait, what? "Minor injuries"?

I hope you're doing better on this side of the week now. I'd like to say something as deep as the rest of these messages, but nothing comes to mind - at least, nothing that has not been said already. Let us know if you're doing better if you find the time.