10.16.2007

my keyboard is weeping

I'm still here. Still learning how weak I am. How incapable of faith. I hit a low last Thursday and filled with anger I yelled and cried and even punched the wall. I questioned many decisions I had made over these last four years, one in particular. You have to first accept the thought that maybe you made a mistake, in fact, maybe you made lots of them, before you can realize that God is bigger. I never wanted to live with regrets - the fear of that left me indecisive and closed off to acknowledging that the past might have been filled with wrong moves. But there is freedom in finally saying "Yes, I think I screwed up" and feeling the reassurance that God's good plan for you will never be lost. Now I can relate to Job 42:3 "Therefore, I have uttered that which I did not understand." As well as all of Psalm 5. :-]

Besides job hunting and serious decision making, I've also been away for a return trip to MS and a wedding. One of the groomsmen lives here in Dallas and we carpooled to MS together. It was a great time of forging a deeper friendship with him and now I have an even closer connection to someone who actually lives near me. He and his wife are headed back to another wedding in November that I'm supposed to go to, so we'll car-pool again. Its the only exciting event on my horizon.

I also ended up getting a free ticket to a hockey game last week. I went to see the Dallas Stars play the Calgary Flame. Because I went with a Canadian family, I ended up cheering for Calgary, much to the dismay of those seated in our section :-] so it was very gratifying when , in overtime, Calgary won with a clutch shot to make the score 3-2. :-] It was my first hockey game and I really liked it.

Since I go to the library to use their free Internet services for job hunting [and a rare post], I've also ended up taking home extra reading material. The latest book was one of the most excellent reads I've had in a long time. Three Cups of Tea is about a guy named Greg Mortenson who was a mountaineer trying to climb K2 in Pakistan many years ago. After failing and getting lost, he was taken in by a kind poor village high in the mountains. He promised to return and build them a school. It was a pandoras box experience and what follows is incredible. What I like most is that its a real story, something a person did way before 911 or the Taliban so there's alot of history woven into the story. He did it without alternative motives or agenda's, without government help, with friends in pakistan, the way they would've done with, with the permission of the Islamic community in a quiet persistant way. Its a longer book, but I would highly recommend it.

Until the next time I can update: never settle

No comments: