12.03.2007

winter

I do not know if winter brings the heavier posts or if is the result of circumstance. I feel like a spoiled child, crying when I don't receive some thing I deam precious and yet basking in the comfort of warmth, food, salvation, and eternal hope.

Yesterday, I was asked "What is important to you?" It caught me off guard and so I was forced to be honest: Jesus, my family, the lost. It really is that simple for me. Everything else I hold losely too. Perhaps that is why I often feel no direction, because I don't have a plan. I do not think its important to have a certain profession or live in a particular place. [It is only important if God tells you to do so.] I could go anywhere and do anything, that is why I often entertain the thought of going anywhere and doing anything :-]
Perhaps its because I'm a "free spirit", perhaps its because I've known extensive loss, perhaps its just my disposition. I cling to very few things. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I ought to care more about the particulars, that everyone is a little annoyed at me for not caring. But it just doesn't matter. Anyway I turn, time takes away what is precious and leads me to discovery newness. Its both painful and exhausting, joyous and adventurous.

2 comments:

didlake said...

I completely understand. Keep the free Spirit. God's got the particulars. And you'll know them when you need to know them.

Thank God for the ability to love him, family, and the lost alone in this life!

peace,
nathan

Darius said...

(In response to your comment on my blog)

My brilliant sentence or Mark Steyn's? All I really wrote was the title of the blog post... :)

When did the Packers pummel the Cowboys? The game I was referring to was the Cowboys pummeling the Packers last week. :)

That Santa sign is awesome!

I'll have to check out goodreads.