7.03.2008

Colossians 2:2-3

That their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Paul's desire for the church was that their hearts be knit by love, encouraged. When we understand truth doubt leaves and we are full of assurance, peace. In knowing Christ we find all the treasures of wisdom and knowing.

Do I truely know Christ and do others know Christ in me? Is my desire that the hearts around me be knit together in love, encouraged? I let the world make me into a harsher person than I am.

3 comments:

Kate said...

So did you unpost the honesty post or what happened? Anyway I feel curious... And weird... And like asking you... If some guy came into your office and said "Hey! I don't know anything about you but I think you're cute ('cause you know that's how guys think) and I'd like to get to know you better. Want to go out to lunch?" ...Then what would you say to him? I would probably just laugh at him. But then I don't know what I'd say. If I was single, I mean. I know what I would say being married. =P (That was totally random, huh?)

sarah said...

Hey Kate :-) sometimes I vent through a post and then regret what I write - even if it was honestly how I was feeling - also, there's some poeple who might read the post and think its about them (even though it isn't) so I deleted it :-)

As for your hypothetical question: if I though he was nice, I would say yes - because its a clear indication of what he wants to do and not some half hammed game of signals. :-) I would then hope he would be equally clear about where lunch would take place and would suggest (if he didn't) that we have it at the school cafeteria (since he already knows where my office it) and i would feel a bit safer. Especially if he was truely random and I had no frame of reference to tell who or what he was.

sarah said...

I'm really tired from backpacking last night, hiking all day and swimming - so I have lots of typo's! :-)