I made this curry rice dish last night and it was really tasty. I used brown rice instead of white and should've cooked it in chicken stock (it was a little bland) but I'll do that next time. I cooked the brown rice in a separate pot and then about 10 minutes before it was done, threw it in the skillet with 1.5 cups of extra water. This was an easy way to use left-over shrimp in the freezer and utilize the prolific basil plant on my porch.Along with the desire and determination to live more lady-like and enjoy my femininity to its fullest, I've also decided to be more vocal about my perspective on life (spiritually, politically, emotionally). I have a strange feeling that, in an effort to offend no one, we have lost our voice and the consequent ability to learn from each other. You're probably thinking, 'but SJ, you're vocal already.' Well, I know how many times I ponder certain aspects of life and never have the courage to address or discuss them. But I feel I'm missing out - and the women of my generation are missing out - on the powerful ability to help each other find clarity in the confusion around us and then encourage each other to act upon what we've learned: from God, friends, and life in general. Have we stopped sharing, stopped teaching, stopped learning? Maybe not... but some days, it sure feels like it.
1 comment:
I'm cooking this for dinner tonight. :)
Post a Comment