8.02.2010

reading

In between helping my friend move this past weekend and my brother move last weekend (can you say: tiring!), I’ve been coasting through my library stash. Issac’s Storm is fantastic! It is a compelling look at the hurricane which struck Galveston in 1900, to this day the most deadliest hurricane to hit the U.S., and how man’s ego, human error, national identity and historical meteorology all played a role. The book is not based on a true story – it IS the story, meticulously research and grippingly told. It’s All Too Much is a rare self-help book that’s actually interesting to read. Peter Walsh’s great personality comes through in his writting. I’ve kicked off a purging bin whereby I’m organizing, donating, and cleaning out the house! Couplehood was funny 10 years ago when I read it, but a second glance makes me realize most of the humor isn’t relevant (unfortunately). It would probably be funny to someone reading it for the first time, even with the age factor. Apartment Therapy is eye candy, pure and simple! My Bible Study group is reading a commentary on Romans (though, in the interest of full disclosure, this book is not from the library. I own it). And sewing couture was really boring. That’s all I’ve got for you until I get pictures of my nephew, garden, or latest cooking experiments.

No comments: