10.05.2010

harvest

You’ve heard me mention before that root vegetables are in season: squash, potatoes, carrots. Well, I either didn’t plant any or our plants didn’t make it through the Texas summer with my less than perfect care :] so I don’t have much of a harvest at the moment.

My shinning star is the anaheim pepper plant. The snap-beans are just starting to produce and a small cherry tomato plant gives me a couple here and there. I did go on a cold-weather planting blitz today, despite lingering illness. Hopefully in November, right before the first frost, I’ll have lots of yumminess. In other news, here’s my wonderful clothesline at work :] The clothes smell SO fresh.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your closeline! I need to put one up! It was so wonderful to see you friend and catch up a little. I miss being able to pop by your office and chat!