11.08.2011

Quiche

I love omelets. They have a ‘blank slate’ quality to them. You can throw in just about anything and it will taste great. I love quiche because its one big omelet with a flaky crust. Hello! With a base of 3 eggs, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup cheese, its a canvas waiting for the colors of your pantry/garden/fridge. Its a frame that makes any picture look good. Its the right lighting for any face. Okay, enough analogies. But I’m serious. Mix in potatoes, ham, spinach, zucchini, even asparagus and it will taste amazing.

So when our garden finally started producing eggplants and when my sister’s garden was overrun with eggplants, I decided to try an eggplant quiche. The results? AMAZING! (of course!).





I use Martha’s Pate Brisee recipe, it yields me three thin quiche crusts, perfect for pulling out of the freezer at a moment’s notice.




The result was perfection!

No comments: