![]() |
Monday morning commute
|
Matthew was kind enough to drive me to work on Monday. Practically speaking, it is always better for a Midwesterner to drive over a Texan on such roads. I'm glad I married cross-culturally ;) Logistically, it also made sense. We have one car with front-wheel drive and four new tires. So he dropped me off and headed to work. Traffic was so slow I spent a total of 6.5 hours in the car on Monday and he spent over 8 hours. Tiring day.
The weekend was an icy blockade. But my sister was a block over and we had an impromptu dinner party and game time with our next door neighbors. When I went to invite them over, I bit it on their stairs and have a nice bruise on my ankle and wrist.
All in all - the whiteness was by turns peaceful and annoying. I'll be happy to get back to normal. But I would also welcome another frigid front: if only for the promise of softly falling flakes.

No comments:
Post a Comment