This year, my husband has put quite a lot of effort into cultivating a garden plot given to us by our in-laws. They have generous yard space and we do not. His efforts have yielded us tasty green beans, amazing tomatoes, bits of squash and zucchini, cucumbers and the promise of cantaloupe. I initially berated my husband for planting cucumber when I much prefer squash but in the end, he prevailed. This pregnancy has turned me off to squash but I can't seem to get enough fresh cucumber with hummus. Oh the deliciousness! His powers of intuition seem to be increasing :]
Our tomato harvest has been enormous. We've been using them to make fresh pasta sauce from a basic recipe in my Martha Stewart cookbook. Saute onion and garlic cloves in a dash of olive oil until soft. Add diced tomatoes. Toss in thyme or basil. Simmer 25 minutes. We've eaten a jar or two, given away several jars and have some in our freezer. Yummy! It's so good you can almost taste the healthiness.
I haven't hogged all the bounty to my self, last night I made a decent pasta primavera with squash, zucchini, and tomatoes from our garden to pass to a friend. Even though I give him a hard time, my husband is a good worker and I'm privileged to eat the literal fruit of his labors.

No comments:
Post a Comment