"She keeps running into herself, hoping to find somebody else." Plumb
God convincted me this morning about not being very thankful for this job that He's given me. I spent time on the phone talking with my friend, grumbling about it. I should be estatic! Yes, it's in a concrete box where I don't get to see students, but it is a clerical job, which I am good at, and not Wendy's or something; it's at Belhaven: a small Christian environment, not a harsh corporation, and it is $10 an hour, more than I've ever made before. So why haven't I blessed the name of Jesus; given praise to my Holy Father?
I am like Israel, always forgetting what God has done. Often, we Christians read all about Israel in the Bible and wonder at their spiritual stupidity, in bewilderment over why God picked them to be His chosen people. I think Israel most represents not only humanity, but Christians as well. Israel may have been bad, but when I look them, I see myself reflected. God gave us a great example of who we are and how He deals with us. We forget His provision from one moment to the next; we enact our own plans instead of obeying in trust; we worry about things we've already been promised. Sometimes He corrects, sometimes He grants mercy; always He remains faithful. Silly us.The word "remember" is used often in the Bible, I've come to notice, probably because we have such a tendency to forget what He's done, as we gaze ahead, unhappy with our present, worried about the future. Fortunately, God's faithfulness and mercy never changes, even His correction, which ensures we stay in truth, is steadfast. Amen.
Those are today's lunch-time musings.
side note: some artsy wanna-be stuff of mine http://photos1.blogger.com/img/278/1693/640/blog.1.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment