8.22.2006

weak = strong

I've discovered something - that I'm terribly weak and afraid. More afraid than anything else. But I've discovered something even better - that my spirit is stronger than my flesh, because my Spirit is His.

I'm reminded of a song that goes - "My spirit is willing but the flesh is so weak" - that's not how it is - it should be "My flesh is so weak, but my Spirit is willing" cause that's what matters.

I'm not very good at not being afraid - the very thing God commands nearly ever servant in the Bible to be -unafraid. So the only way I could ever go, I could ever serve, I could ever be anything - is because of His Spirit.

It seems like - now He wants to test the lessons - or just show off His amazingness - cause He's sending me to a place I'm not very qualified to go. UKRAINE! An orphanage.

Deep breath - His Spirit is stronger than my flesh - oh! to live out that reality.

It's a weak long trip over Thanksgiving. If you'd like to support me with the funds - that would be great, just let me know. Or if you want to pray for me that would be AWESOME!

3 comments:

becky said...

Whoa! How amazing, Sarah Jo! I'm so excited for you! We need to talk, girl. What are you doing Thursday evening?

-becky

Leslie said...

That's great! It'll be wonderful!

Bethany Bassett said...

Wow, that's so neat! Definitely keep us updated with all your trip details. I know you'll have an amazing time!