4.19.2007

Sale

The library at the college where I work recently had a book-sale. I came away with 6 books. Hardbacks were $1. and paperbacks were .05 cents. What a deal! Actually, I was quite proud of my self-restraint.

Part of me is sorry to be posting again about books, preferring to have a diversity of topics represented in my posting, but there's not much else to say and this place is begging for an update. Also, I'm currently writing a newsletter for my e-mail list and an in-depth post + newsletter is, sometimes, just too much to ask of me :-] Especially recently with some difficulty I've been having with chronic fatigue (the doctors are checking it out). My brain is not working as well as I would like it to be.

Back to the book-sale:
I bought an old hardback book published by Time Magazine, a compilation of articles and pictures from the Gulf War in '91. A war my Father fought in. I bought it for my sister - things like that have meaning for her. (also, history and war are academic interests for her) I purchased a brand new hardback English/Arabic Bible, which I am VERY excited about. I would love to know Arabic fluently one day but even though I have several books on learning it, it is a difficult language and I have not been applying myself very much so progress in that area is minuscule. I purchased a paperback book called The Universe and Dr. Einstein for my brother Alan, a score of classical sheet music (I cannot remember the composer), an old hardback The Four Loves, by C.S. Lewis (another purchase for which I am very excited) and a paperback of a classic book which I can't remember! (darn it!) It's Charles Dickens something...
wow - that's pathetic.
I really miss playing the piano. In looking over my sheet music, I realized once again how it's cathartic for me to play. It's one of the truest things I love to do in life, more than sports or writing or reading. Yet, often because of lack of opportunity, it gets the back burner of my hobbidical pursuits. [i just made up a word!]
-never settle-

2 comments:

Darius said...

Nicholas Nickelby, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist? All great books!

sarah said...

Oliver Twist! thanks Darius :-]