5.29.2007

Hope

What is hope?
Hope is believing that God is good. Tradegy often illuminates unbelief. Hebrews is a great book about faith - believing what is not always seen - the goodness of God in the middle of evil and pain. Often times people will ask in the midst of a crisis if God is good [I certainly have]. But the answer to that question is not a mystery, it is not hidden, when circumstances fail to point to His goodness, His Word still stands in testimony to it. The question is not if God is good, the question is whether we will believe Him when He says He is.
I know, with all the tradegies hidden up my sleeve, that this is very hard, sometimes impossible. But I also know that God is the one who always brings me back to the place of belief; He always brings me back to hope.

No comments: