I must say that I am actually thankful for facebook. I have caught up with more friends that I ever thought I would and though the contact is superficial through facebook, it can lead to deeper contact through e-mail, etc.
Last Saturday, I went to a hiking seminar sponsored by Backpacker and learned quite about of interesting things. The two people hosting it were newlyweds that spent a year long honeymoon hiking the American Discovery Trail. They were really nice and down to earth and not weird condescending backpackers. Now I have new addition to my to-do-list, which is bike (hiking might be too much) the ADT. That would be AMAZING! After all, its only 6,800 miles :-)
I read a very interesting book during the break: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It is written from the perspective of an autistic boy. Lots of things make it interesting though, not simply the voice, if you're looking for a new book to read, I recommend it. Be warned though that its written by a British man and he uses swear words semi frequently.
I also discovered the fascinating content on my friend David's blog about his work chronicling translation projects for Wycliffe. He also uploads little video's here and there are funny and informative. Just like the geography games, I think I'm addicted.
I was at my brothers apartment last night watching the travel channel [he has cable] and was reminded why I like Samantha Brown so much. A purusal of their website led to a 'travel ideas' list which had a section highlighting good hostels to stay in various countries. Humm...that might come in handy one day. :-]
Last Saturday, I went to a hiking seminar sponsored by Backpacker and learned quite about of interesting things. The two people hosting it were newlyweds that spent a year long honeymoon hiking the American Discovery Trail. They were really nice and down to earth and not weird condescending backpackers. Now I have new addition to my to-do-list, which is bike (hiking might be too much) the ADT. That would be AMAZING! After all, its only 6,800 miles :-)I read a very interesting book during the break: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It is written from the perspective of an autistic boy. Lots of things make it interesting though, not simply the voice, if you're looking for a new book to read, I recommend it. Be warned though that its written by a British man and he uses swear words semi frequently.
I also discovered the fascinating content on my friend David's blog about his work chronicling translation projects for Wycliffe. He also uploads little video's here and there are funny and informative. Just like the geography games, I think I'm addicted.
More seriously, my friend Ryan "Sqeeuze" was seriously injured a week ago when a big piece of metal disk at the factory where he is employed, shattered. There's a website with updates, please be in prayer for his recovery. Ryan was on my mission trip to an orphanage in mexico a couple years ago with LU. He brought his amazing stilts and wowed all the children. :-]
2 comments:
The entire ADT? Even I'm afraid of that one, Jo. Still, I'm pretty close to the Maryland and West Virginia portions of the trail- I might get up the courage to bike the C&O one of these years. Actually, I'm headed up to the Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV in a few weeks, which is part of the ADT as well, so watch for some pictures near the end of the month!
I'll be praying for Ryan.
I'll put up a post tomorrow afternoon about my weekend visit with Sullivan. The pictures will be up on my Fotki site by tomorrow morning.
hey, i just noticed your blog over here. i'll have to bookmark it!
i read Curious Incident last year and loved it! fantastic book.
someday i would like to cycle across the united states. there are several routes that people have made to do it. someday...
Post a Comment