Monday has that particular skill of being able to erase my memory.
What did I do this past weekend? I feel the need to record it in some semi-permanent fashion. Monday has done its work. Perhaps I can undo it with a post.
A college friend called with a need to stay some place for the weekend while in Dallas. I gladly offered my spare bedroom. She came with her husband and two children: Makala is 2ish and Raquel is 6 months. They were adorable and I spent most of my time trying to keep them occupied so their parents could have a needed respite. My friends didn't really do anything while they were here. I think they just needed to get away. We went out to eat. That's about it. But the lingering effect was the amount of enjoyment I found in caring for the children. This threatens to ruin my claim of not liking them. I didn't even mind when Makala pooped in my tub while bathing. [yes, it was gross but equally funny]
In other news: I did a terrible dye job on my sister. Thankfully, Clairol red number 24 is not permanent. She had a vast diversity of color in her hair before the dye job, but somehow it all blended together nicely. Unfortunately, not all strands soaked up the foreign color equally. Note for future reference.
I was brushing my teeth, something I try to do with regularity given my not-so-distant past experiences with root canals [notice the pluralization], when something shiny comes flying out of my mouth and onto the counter. It was my crown. Huh. I got in June, lets see, that's, almost 6 months? WHAT THE HECK! I am suddenly disallusioned with my dentist with whom I had previously been quiet enamored. I don't really need the thing anyhow. I can chew just fine without it. And doesn't the Bible say that if some part of you is offensive to cast it out? I must be extremely spiritual. :-]
Monday, Teusday, Wednesday, Thursday...FRIDAY!
-never settle-
What did I do this past weekend? I feel the need to record it in some semi-permanent fashion. Monday has done its work. Perhaps I can undo it with a post.
A college friend called with a need to stay some place for the weekend while in Dallas. I gladly offered my spare bedroom. She came with her husband and two children: Makala is 2ish and Raquel is 6 months. They were adorable and I spent most of my time trying to keep them occupied so their parents could have a needed respite. My friends didn't really do anything while they were here. I think they just needed to get away. We went out to eat. That's about it. But the lingering effect was the amount of enjoyment I found in caring for the children. This threatens to ruin my claim of not liking them. I didn't even mind when Makala pooped in my tub while bathing. [yes, it was gross but equally funny]
In other news: I did a terrible dye job on my sister. Thankfully, Clairol red number 24 is not permanent. She had a vast diversity of color in her hair before the dye job, but somehow it all blended together nicely. Unfortunately, not all strands soaked up the foreign color equally. Note for future reference.
I was brushing my teeth, something I try to do with regularity given my not-so-distant past experiences with root canals [notice the pluralization], when something shiny comes flying out of my mouth and onto the counter. It was my crown. Huh. I got in June, lets see, that's, almost 6 months? WHAT THE HECK! I am suddenly disallusioned with my dentist with whom I had previously been quiet enamored. I don't really need the thing anyhow. I can chew just fine without it. And doesn't the Bible say that if some part of you is offensive to cast it out? I must be extremely spiritual. :-]
Monday, Teusday, Wednesday, Thursday...FRIDAY!
-never settle-
3 comments:
Don't you mean that you were quite "enameled" with your dentist? :)
Ugh. That pun wasn't very "filling" at all.
1 Cor. 9:25
"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." :)
hey! quite 'crowning' around.
;-]
Post a Comment