7.09.2008

heaven

I was asked today if I thought technology would be in heaven. I agree with the idea that man reflects the image and glory of God by creating, just as God created. But {besides viewing technology as processing and not creating} I think that heaven, in its perfection, will be so vastly different from earth that our terms cannot be used to describe it. Perhaps there will be technology in heaven, but what we call "technology" there will blow out of the water what we call "technology" here, so much so that the word would barely be applicable to both. I can't help but think this of many things: what will be music in heaven will sparesly resemble what we deem music on earth; love in heaven will so outshine love on earth that we may be embarrased that we even called it love.
"For now we see in a mirror dimly.."

2 comments:

didlake said...

Could any of our technology ever compare to the simplest thing God creates?

Kelly said...

Wonderful. I love your thoughts Jo. I have to agree with Didlake as well...