11.04.2008

I really am happy

What do you do when you find yourself sitting at a desk in a closet-like room with no windows and a mound of paper work and people calling, feeling like you’ve been shot with a tranquilizer that also effectively mutinied your stomach against you and everyone’s yelling at you for not voting even though it’s not really your fault that you don’t have a car and that the county of Dallas didn’t register you where you live like they were supposed to and you’re not going to try and find a way to get to Duncanville, even though it was probably possible had you checked earlier but you were too tired/sick/confused about signing up for a dental plan that would effectively remove the impacted wisdom teeth which are now spreading bacteria through-out your body while antibiotics try to stem the flow of miserable ness so you can finally finish that paper for that class that ended last week and all you really want to do is hang out in a barn near Goshen, IN?

:) You blog [effectively making fun of yourself in the process]
eat chocolate
lock your office door
and dance

in that order ;-)

10 comments:

VTGrahams said...

I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but really I'm a glowing friend, but really I'm not actually, but I am... - TMBG

Kate said...

lol =)

Bethany Bassett said...

I like your stories. :) (And I like the blogging/chocolating/dancing idea too.) (Oh, I keep meaning to tell you I'm happy for you. Matt's a great guy!)

Kelly said...

You have to lock your door to dance in your office? I guess that was one wonderful thing about working where I did. We would all dance, as long as Linda Fitzhugh wasn't walking by...

Kelly said...

Oh, and how DARE you not vote!!! I am upset and ashamed to know you. You know, the world is going to end just because you have an excuse. By the way, if I could drive down and pick you up for the Waterdeep concert, I would. :( I wish so much that you could come. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you. And I would hang out in a barn with you anywhere. Even if you didn't vote. I'll email you tonight.
/\/\att

David and Becca W said...

I'd dance too. =-) And the chocolate? Well let's just say that I ate about 1/2 of what was left over from Halloween in the last few hours. Praying for you!

David and Becca W said...

PS. I think that voting was over rated this year. =0) I pushed it because it's important, but ya know. The peeps harassing you will get over it. Plus, it's YOUR choice not the nit pickers. Tell them "heff". That's what I say when I want to maybe say something not too nice. I just "heff" at them. It's like a louder sigh but with some serious voice.

didlake said...

Don't you worry. I didn't get my absentee ballot until November 4, which meant that when I watched the election stuff happen like everyone else, I recognized quickly that Texas went the direction I would have had them go anyway, so all was well.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite quotes is: "Dance like nobody's watching, dream like you will live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow and love like it's never going to hurt." - Meme Grifsters

Andy