I had an amazing group of girlfriends in college. The depth of our friendships were aided by the constant contact that characterized dorm/class life. I was blessed to transition out of that environment via a neighborhood in Mississippi where my new friends lived down the block and a walk through the neighborhood meant a hello and hang-out time with those who knew me. Now, in Dallas, I see these ladies once a week. Twice if I'm lucky. But I've come recently to realize that this difference in contact doesn't matter now. Enough time has passed and conversations and experiences to build up the level of depth I had in college and then mississippi. The spatial barrier has been climbed. I am there. And I'm glad to have realized it because now I can stop yearning for the community I miss and enjoy what I have - the same function in different form. Of course, I'll always miss my other friends and constantly attend to those binding ties. But I'm glad to have friends here, now, of the same calibur as then. And I hope that remains true of everywhere I go.

1 comment:
I love you lady and am so thankful for you...I'm sad I missed the water, but the laughter at dinner made my soul feel amazing! Love you!!! Thanks for having a birthday celebration!
Post a Comment