My husband poked around here the other day and announced "well, nothing new in the life of sarah jo." It would seem that way wouldn't it? But just the opposite is true. When much is going on, I tend toward less thinking and consequently less sharing/posting.
I'm wrapping up a job with my church that I've enjoyed but can no longer juggle. Saying goodbye to this role is bittersweet. Yet, excitement fills me when I think of all the new possibilities of serving this little community I love.
I welcomed February hesitantly. As my birthday month, it always seems dark and dreary with downcast weather and dashed hopes for trancendant birthday experiences along with a re-evaluation of my life which typically include struggles for 1. contentment and 2.joy despite disallusions (this struggle seems to grow with age).
Our household has been fighting sickness and an impending move hangs gloomily over our heads.
I also admit to tuning into this cast of characters (with the majority of the world) and waiting with batted breath for the next wonderful/awful development. But they make me smile and February seriously needs more smiles (in lei of sunshine or flowers). So there is my update. There is some 'new' coming and much 'new' hoped for but since nothing is actually new, I try to keep smiling.

No comments:
Post a Comment