3.05.2014

Recipe

I didn't feel well yesterday so I stayed home from work and rested. Toward the end of the day, when the sun was lowering itself and the house began to take on a chill, I fired up the oven. Matt forbid me to turn the oven on for heat, so I had to bake something to justify its use :]. I had some old zucchini starting to wrinkle so I made zucchini bread. I pulled up a chair into the kitchen and wrote a letter in front of the oven, alternatively soaking in the heat and watching the bread rise. I wrote in the letter that I wish I could be on my farm already - staying home all day growing things and baking. I especially like making food for others. It's just fun and meaningful.

Cream together
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup applesauce
3 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar

Add:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg

Incorporate thoroughly
3 cups shredded zucchini

350 degrees for an hour or until fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.


No comments: