What could be more wonderful than whole-wheat banana, chocolate, coffee muffins?? I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs: The Vanilla Bean Blog. The pictures are sumptuous and the food itself is approachable. I tweaked the recipe a lot because I didn't feel like going to the store. I used coconut oil instead of canola/olive oil, halved the expensive maple syrup and made up the difference with honey, left out the cacao nibs (they are expensive!!!) and used whole milk since I didn't have buttermilk on hand. The wet batter was disconcerting (I have trust issues with recipes) so I added an extra egg and an extra 1/4 cup of flour. They baked for around 20-25 minutes and came out delicious!!! 4.23.2014
Wonderful Wednesday
What could be more wonderful than whole-wheat banana, chocolate, coffee muffins?? I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs: The Vanilla Bean Blog. The pictures are sumptuous and the food itself is approachable. I tweaked the recipe a lot because I didn't feel like going to the store. I used coconut oil instead of canola/olive oil, halved the expensive maple syrup and made up the difference with honey, left out the cacao nibs (they are expensive!!!) and used whole milk since I didn't have buttermilk on hand. The wet batter was disconcerting (I have trust issues with recipes) so I added an extra egg and an extra 1/4 cup of flour. They baked for around 20-25 minutes and came out delicious!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment