The baby seems to be gearing up to make his appearance soon. Along with the renovations through which my husband is admirably persevering, there's a couple tasks I'm working to complete in time. The first is freezer meals. I've got a decent amount but I'm sure it won't seem like many when we start using them up. The second is a baby blanket I've been working on. My mother (or Matt's mother, I can't remember which one) gave me a body pillow case of bicycles a couple years ago. The material is really soft and I've kept it stashed away in my fabric drawer. Now I'm working to make it a pho-quilt. I don't really have the patience for real quilting. But I like pho-quilting, even if it does highlight my inability to sew in a straight line. The blanket is almost done! I do have to brag for a second and say that I also sewed an extra fitted crib sheet from some adorable light blue vintage Winnie-the-pooh fabric. There's plenty of easy tutorials online about how to do this.
Focusing on these little almost-done tasks help keep my head space occupied and crowds out anxiety (at least where the birth is concerned, Matt can attest to plenty of anxiety where the renovations are concerned!)
![]() |
| Isn't it cute? And it's SOFT! |

No comments:
Post a Comment