1.02.2015

Update

It's been exactly a month since I last posted. I wish I could say a lot has happened but really, I've just been sick the whole time. My sister had a baby (hurray!) and I caught the sniffles from her kids (I think). It blew into a sinus infection, then turned into bronchitis, then went into a head cold and here I am still coughing away five weeks later (even after a round of antibiotics). :( 

To be fair, it's not just because I'm in my third trimester and baby Eversole is sucking all my immune system for himself (I'm quite glad for that, actually), it's partly because I overdid it in the beginning stages and am now paying dearly for that misjudgment. My work was swamped and I agreed to work overtime at the start of December. A 50 hr. work week was not what my body needed, but I had no idea it would set me back so far.

Matt gave in to my plea for a real Christmas tree. I LOVE the way they smell. I managed some lights and that's it but the simplicity is really beautiful. I've spent the last two weeks sleeping but I'm still not well - still coughing - and copious amounts of tea and chicken soup only go so far. I managed to get the poor guy a birthday present but didn't pull off a Christmas present for him. That guy is amazing. He's taking care of me and still renovating the upstairs room in time to move our furniture in before the baby comes. It's going to be a close call - the baby is due next Wednesday. Then, hopefully, in the next three months, we'll get the second bedroom renovated into a nursery and finally move the crib up stairs (as opposed to underneath the stairs where you now see it!). That will take a lot of work. The floor needs to be completely done-over and so do the walls. 

I've been really blessed by friends and family in the amount of things gifted to me to get ready for this baby. The funny/ironic thing is that there's no where to put most of it.

I'm hoping 2015 is a little less exhausting, although I thought October was pretty hectic and compared to December, it seems like a breeze! :) So I'm tempering my expectations - but not too much - because I'm fending off discouragement and that's no easy task when you're hacking up your lungs every 10 minutes.

No comments: