1.07.2008

To Live

To live is not to backpack.
To live is not to be right.
To live is not to be in the know.
To live is not to be married.
To live is not to be intelligent.
To live is not to be beautiful.

To live is not even to be good.

To live is Christ.

2 comments:

didlake said...

That... was... amazing. Thank you for that post! Recently, I was praying through some things, and I realized that my freedom to serve Christ passionately did not come from the fact that I've left anything in my life - but that Christ saved me on the cross and purchased me with his own blood. Living has been pursued by me on so many levels, but none of those things I follow are life. Life is Christ.

Randy E. said...

I second the compliment... now if I could only figure out what exactly "To live is Christ" means exactly. Where does the drive, or the will, to follow Christ come from? My will fails routinely, and I don't understand what it means to "Let go and let God". Let God do what? I want to try and figure that one out this year.

P.S. "To live is not to backpack."..............Phooey.

P.P.S. I just got someone's Christmas card in the mail today - it's funny how the mail works.