I feel a little bit like I'm posting for the sake of posting - and whenever I do that - I eventually return to delete it. My roommate Sara arrived and we're attempting to create a semblance of order. The problem with quaint older homes is the lack of storage and the problem with us is the plethora of things we own. Can the two be reconciled?
Christina's wedding went wonderfully. I didn't cry as much as I anticipated. Her father called yesterday to thank me for all my hard work. That was sweet and meaningful but my response was awkward. I'm not used to praise or thanks. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.
I saw Becca and Jeremiah and Samantha and now Maggie is visiting. It's all exciting and sweet but I'm too tired to embrace everything. School starts soon. I have the urge to go backpacking and escape for a little bit.
I'm considering making a decision that's rather large - though its one within my heart and will be barely noticeable to others. Every attempt to explain it has been a little misunderstood (except by Christina). I think the fault lies with my explanation - not with the listeners. Still, it's been on my mind lately. Submission, trust, expectation, God's goodness.
I'm running the race - it's uphill and not very scenic right now - but I'm running nonetheless. :-]
5 comments:
The last time I tried to explain an inner decision I was wrestling with to someone other than Tom the person sort of re-interpreted what I was saying in light of what was going on in her life...you know what I mean? It was kind of weird, but when I realized what was happening I just let it go. No amount of explaining was going to clear it up because I wasn't so clear on it myself. :) Hope you get some rest.... And I hope I'm not doing to you the same thing my friend did to me. lol
Go, girl!
I'd be interested to hear about the "inner thought..."
Remember hiking mountains. You really don't see the scenery until you've gone a ways up the path. Be encouraged, and run hard!
Sounds like you need some storage ideas from IKEA =P
Inner decisions, heart wrestling... all too familiar ground. But in the end (i.e. like being at the top of the mountain as "didlake" so perfectly described it) I can look back at those struggles and see the person I was, and catch a glimpse of the person Father is teaching me to be. And I can't help but rejoice and be so grateful for those "hard" times.
So be encouraged dear sister. Keep up the good run. There is a prize waiting for you =) Luvs you.
P.S. and when all else fails, make yourself a cup of tea *grin*
Post a Comment