10.22.2008

misty contemplation

The sky is overcast and the air is slowly moving towards a chill. Can I blame the weather for my contemplativeness? I do that often: blame the weather or the season. I've hit the middle of my first semester and I've hit the anniversary of my move to Texas; I'm listening to Derek Webb; I'm running off little sleep; I'm meeting lots of new people, both at school and elsewhere; I'm committing to a church. I'm having difficulty reigning in all my thoughts and feelings and focusing on the tasks in front of me. The danger of introspection (much like blogging) is self absorption. I can't avoid the next minute that is coming and I can't waste it trying to process everything that just came. I have to continue engaging those around me even while trying to figure out what is engaging me. Perhaps it's like mountain biking. There are times when you just run into a tree ;-] and it's a little disorienting, but the only way to get re-oriented is to keep riding.
I feel that this post is as jumbled as I am.

1 comment:

Kellsotr said...

Can I just say I love you Sarah Jo, reading your blog makes my life better. - Kelly Erdman