11.09.2010

comfort food

When the weather turns cold, one of my favorite comfort foods is quiche. And since I’m not a big potato eater (can you say starchy non-complex carbohydrates?), I turn to in-season zucchini. A little trick I’ve learned is that 1 cup of bisquick pancake mix will self-crust if you don’t have time to make your own crust. For the picture, I used Martha Stewart’s classic pate brisee. I have to admit that I don’t measure much with this recipe. It takes about two cups of shredded zucchini (after squeezing water from it), roughly 1 and a half zucchini, and the left-over zucchini I slice and place on top. About 2 cups shredded cheese, 3 eggs, and 1/2 cup milk, with spices all thrown in and cinnamon sprinkled on top. I took this to a baby shower this morning and it was a big hit, with not even a crumb left. Yumm!!

No comments: