6.18.2008

I really like my new header, I think it's very pretty.


All the things I love about summer are out of reach at the moment, so I rebel by having such a fall-like header. If I can't have summer like the college days of lake dipping, watermelons on the porch, roadtrips whenever, and rainshowers to chase, then I want summer to be over. I want fall to come. I want Sara and I to have a place to live where piano music fills the room and tea scents the air. But I'm prone to wanting the imaginary future instead of living the real present. I must cognitively resist.


Insurance forms, dirty dishes, beeping alarm clocks, and penciled in calendars are not the stuff of pretty headers, but I'll have one anyway. :-]

5 comments:

zippy said...

Mmmm...watermelons on the porch. Brings back good memories! :)

Hilary said...

Sarah Jo, I just love you. I love reading your comments and your blogs. I can always heard you saying the words I read with your quiet chuckle at the end.

And I had watermelon today. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was watery and sweet, just like a watermelon should be.

Fall always makes me feel sad, even if it is beautiful. Of course, spring makes me feel like all things are new except for me. I always seem to develop a sense of foreboding in the spring. Summer, with all its wretched heat, is still my favorite season.

Guess what I'm about to do? CLEAN THE BATHROOM!! HAHAHAHAHA! Maybe you'll come do it for me? :)

Hilary said...

Sorry for the typos in my comment.

didlake said...

It is a lovely banner. It makes one think of... loveliness.

Anonymous said...

Will you teach me to play the piano (or, will you let me--with no sense of internal rhythm--practice my very rudimentary skills?)?